Wednesday, July 8, 2009

This one's for you mom...

As you all well know, we spend a lot of time at the beach....a LOT of time at the beach. We go most Sundays to Honeymoon Island well equipped with a huge tent, a multitude of chairs, sunscreen (like it matters), towels, and a plethera of toys and materials to make it a great day. Oh, and how could I forget??? We also have to have either Subway or a "mess a chicken", depending on the week.
We never intend to get sunburned and swear that we'll do better next time-higher SPF, more frequent applications...nonsense. We always leave with a burn. Could it be because we end up staying for about 6 hours in the midday Florida sun??? HMMM...
Why do we stay so long you ask??? I can generally answer that in one word...MOM. My mother LOVES the water. When I say loves the water I don't mean loves to hear the waves crashing into the shore or look at the light as it reflects on the azure sea. I mean full-on jumping in waves, splashing people, laughing and screaming, hoping to find creatures under her feet in the water. We can't get her out! She brings a chair every week, I have yet to see her sit in it. If she steps out of the water for anything, within moments you will hear, "Ya going in??". And she's off again, this time trying to drag you with her. It is truly a hoot. She was born in Massachusettes and swears she will never leave the ocean again. I believed her, but didn't think she was so literal...By the time we are managing to drag her away she is asking, "so what's the plan for next week?" Which usually means are we bringing Subway or a messa chicken. We love you mom! This video is for you......
***Turn off the music at the bottom before you hit play!!***

3 comments:

Pres-tone said...

You are so out of control! Unreal the person laughing while the kayak was having a difficult time getting past the waves! Was that you?

Belinda said...

Actually, that would be MOM!!! And those people were my sister and her fiance! Way too easy to laugh at!!

Hula Girl at Heart said...

You and your mom laugh alike. That was great!

I so love the beach. I could stay there all day, every day, just letting the water wash over me and listening to the sound of the waves. My family has to drag me of the beach at the end of the day.